Friday, February 12, 2010

One Fan's Story: Patricia Cobb

Why do you like the Cape Girardeau Storytelling Festival?

I started going to the National Storytelling Festival in Jonesborough, TN, back in 1980 until they started having festivals in Cape. Now, I don’t have to drive 1,000 miles roundtrip, it’s far less expensive and you get to be closer to the stage and the tellers. At big festivals the tents are gigantic and if you want to sit close to the stage you have to get there about an hour in advance. The festival experience in Cape is just so much better! This year I’ll be brining my cousins from St. Louis, my friend Mary and my sister Jean.

Why do you like storytelling so much?

I like storytelling because the teller opens a door to his world and you get to go inside. You don’t know what you’re going to find but you’re never going to be disappointed! Plus, I just think people love stories. I’m hooked on storytelling. I tell everybody about it. I have numerous storytelling tapes and CDs that I lend to people to get them hooked on storytelling. I even drive an old Buick just so I can listen to stories that I only have available on cassette tape!

No comments:

Post a Comment